Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sprint's customer service faux pas

This week Sprint announced plans to cut subscribers who were a hindrance on their bottom line -- customers who call customer support "an excessive amount" and who use too much roam-time while subscribed to the unlimited plan.

Wow!

That's right, Sprint's bean counters may be looking at ways to trim the fat, but allowing this to make headlines yesterday is not a good move. Sprint, whose customer service has been traditionally the worst in the industry, just got another whopping black eye. To Sprint's credit, they are "allowing" these customers to leave without paying an early-termination fee.

That's nice (tongue-in-cheek)!

Really, I hope the marketing folks were kept in the dark on this decision, because there is no way they could really have allowed this to occur. Ever hear of a loss-leader? By keeping these customers and eating the costs associated, Sprint could have avoided this bad press and the potential loss of current or future "good" customers. Truly, as a customer-centric business professional, this one baffles me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of hombre who loves to seek hot stuff. Presently I'm manufacturing my personal photovoltaic panels. I'm making it all by myself without the aid of my staff. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I ran across a very amazing website that explains how to create pv panels and wind generators. The place explains all the steps needed for photovoltaic panel construction.

I am not exactly sure about how correct the information given there iz. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be great and I would really treasure it, because I extremely lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/useful-articles]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You guys are great.